Affinity Financial Management Services LLC (AFMS) works with collegiate partners to establish financial-services programs that maximize critical royalty income for the partner, offer outstanding product features and benefits that meet the needs of a range of alumni and other constituents, and require minimal resources from the partner’s staff.
AFMS has worked with far more alumni associations over the past few years than the combined total of the rest of the consultants who serve this market. Why?
- We maximize the revenue to the partner while at the same time ensuring an attractive product for their alumni.
- We create value for our partners and reduce the time they must spend on their programs.
- We do it for fees that are typically well below those of our competitors.
- We help our partners complete a comprehensive due-diligence process that ensures they evaluate all their alternatives and can justify their selection of a program provider.
- We understand the complexities of the affinity financial-services business and provide our clients with a level of expertise and counsel that is unmatched in the industry. This enables our clients to focus their time and resources on serving their alumni.
- Our Philadelphia office is located within 30 minutes of most of the financial-services providers that serve this market, enabling us meet on a regular basis with those partners and stay abreast of recent product enhancements, strategies, and developments. We have worked side-by-side with the decision-makers and understand the factors impacting their business decisions, enabling us to ask the right questions at the right time.
Increased regulatory scrutiny, economic challenges, and deteriorating financial results have led financial-services providers to rethink their business models, passing the pain along to alumni associations and other non-profit organizations by reducing royalties, making fewer products available, minimizing marketing, or eliminating product benefits, and in many cases, getting out of the business altogether. AFMS is helping our clients navigate this changing environment. While we can’t – and won’t – promise that you will recapture lost revenue as a result of our efforts, we can promise to work diligently to get you the best possible deal for your organization…and for your alumni. Our goal is to provide you with a program that you will be proud to offer to those alums.
We offer two basic services:
- Helping our partners select financial-services providers and negotiate affinity contracts for credit cards, insurance services, deposit and debit-card products, and a range of other affinity programs. This includes creating RFPs and evaluating partner responses and leveraging our decades of experience in this complicated business to get our clients the best possible result.
- Managing affinity programs in a way that maximizes account acquisition and royalty growth including:
- Identification, evaluation, and implementation of new income-generating products.
- Development and negotiation of sponsorship opportunities.
- Working with your issuer to develop the right product mix, marketing strategy, and reward structure that results in a program that exceeds everyone’s expectations.